Friday 10 April 2020

FOW - Later War German Panzer Grenadiers

Late War German Panzer Grenadier Company
 Another period of history, but far more important another figure scale.   I live in Middlesbrough, in the mighty North East of blighty.  For far, far, far too long I have overlooked Pendraken Miniatures  based in the 'Boro'.  No more though!

For one reason or another, I have never took the plunge.  Anyway after falling in love with 'Team Yankee', then Flames of War' was not going to be far behind.  Essentially the same rules & Battlefront is a superb Games Company.  Though for me personally, I don't like the look in 15mm.   As you know 6mm is the scale we play for 'Team Yankee'.   A while ago I picked up some 10mm Tanks & Infantry, which I was going to use for Epic 40K Imperial Guard conversions.  Indeed, I started & some of the 'Panther' hulls had rocket launchers & plasma cannons glued to them.  HERESY! I hear some cry out...lol!  Anyway I started going through them a few months ago & then 'wargamers inspiration' struck, the result, ANOTHER PROJECT!!

The 10mm stuff was Late War Yanks & Germans, unknown to me then, a variety of manufacturers as well.  So Late War Western Front WW2 (no more Soviet tanks please) it would be, from D-DAY to the end of the War.   The biggest problem I encountered after that was, WHY are the '10mm' figures out there all different sizes?   After much 'mulling' & 'aaarrring', I settled for Pendraken as they are middle of the road & they are just around the corner!!!   If you do not know the size issue, Skytrex 10mm are the smallest, right up to much bigger 10-12mm Lancer Minis. Loads of others in between?  The SUPERB MadAxeMAn covers this dilemma on his website, link here MADAXEMAN   & a big thank to him for helping me out!

Anyway, I am obsessed again.  We all love WW2, we all spent hours moving Airfix & Matchbox stuff around the table many moons ago!  now, queue the WW2 DVD's, dozens of books, Audible Audiobooks etc.

As it stands, I started collecting these before the 'Lockdown', we have had a few games.  I am behind in posts & battle reports...  Spav was over the moon, WW2 is a favourite period of his.  Not that he does any painting.... meeiiooww!!



The bog standard German Panzer Grenadier Company from the Battlefront D-Day book consists of 2-3 platoons with a Company HQ.  All these are Pendaken figures, they are lovely & a joy to paint.

2 platoons, each painted with slightly different uniforms to aid in recognition.

Number 3 Platoon, grey uniforms.
First Platoon, seven Mg42 Sections each armed with a Panzerfaust.
Plus two optional Panzerschrek teams.

Ze Germans up close.


3rd Platoon, five Mg sections & two Panzerschrek teams.

Company HQ
Two SMG teams.
(the Kettenkrad is from a 10mm Me262 kit)

Super, Smashing, Lovely!!!!

No comments: