Sunday 27 February 2011

1812 British Forces 1

A few of the British troops for our War of 1812 Campaign.  The vast majority of the rank & file are Del Prado, from the Waterloo series that came out a few years back.  We have two British Units that have the full 6 bases that makes up a 'John Bull' Company.  Plus a couple of 4 base Companies.  The flags are the material types available from Solway Crafts on UK EBay.
http://solwaycraftsandminiatures.webs.com/scmflags.htm

British Highlanders


Canadian Line


A 4 Base Company in 'Loose Order'


The 'Rockets Red Glare'....


British Foot Artillery

2 comments:

Chris said...

Mr. F,

How did you manage painting the kilts? I've read various on-line articles about painting tartans, but the instructions are clearly intended for larger-scale figures. My efforts have tended to produce results so bad that no self-respecting Scot would even dream of wearing them! Should I just paint them dark green or blue and forget about further details?

Best regards,

Stumped

MrF said...

Now Chris

I didn't paint these Highlanders & looking at their tartans, it's a pretty poor paint job.

Ones I painted previously, 15mm stuff i used to paint dark green, then very narrow yellow lines on, every now & again cross over the pattern with a narrow red line. Worked alright for me. I guess it's a question of how far you want to go.

Cheers
MrF