Sunday 17 June 2018

Basic Impetus2 - 2.2 Athens 450-275 BC

Hoplite Power!
For our Basic Impetus2 games, I've been concentrating on painting ALL the Ancients figures in the spares box.  A lot of Pike armies have been put together, but I've manged to  put together enough troops to build a Hoplite Army.   We've got plans for a 'Chaeronea' type battle, so here is a 'Greek' Army.  To be far, it's a pretty powerful army with a whopping 6 elements of heavy foot.   

2.2 Athens 450-275 BC

Athenian and allied Hoplites       6xFP* VBU=5, I=2, VD=3, Long spear
Greek cavalry                             1xCM* VBU=5, I=2, VD=2
Greek /Thracian merc. Peltasts  1xFL VBU=4, I=2, VD=2, Javelin
Javelinmen                                 1xS VBU=2, I=0, VD=1, Javelin
 
    1st option: change 1 FL with Thracian cavalry 1xCL VBU=3, I=1, VD=1, Javelin
    2nd option: change 2 FP with Mercenary Thureophoroi 2xFL* VBU=5, I=1, VD=3, Long spear
    3rd option: change 1 S for 2 initiative rerolls

Hoplites can form Large Units




Peltasts

Greek Cavalry

Dandy Skirmishers

Hordes of Hoplites..

Super.. Smashing.. Lovely!!

1 comment:

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Like the collection and sensible re-use of Ancient Greek DBA bases